Books Read in September

 

One of the things that I noticed around the end of the month was that certain websites did not publish as many articles that they normally publish. I figured that had to do with the fact that it was September, a busy month for everyone. Students are returning to school, some folks are returning to jobs after extensive vacations, and families are adjusting to new schedules.

 

Well, the only thing that I had to adjust to this month was taking on extra work for Dreamweaver Press. Our editor quit, so I took on the workload of editing all of our manuscripts. Of course, I am looking for a new editor who is agreeable to our terms, or even a new proofreader who is likewise okay with being paid a portion of royalties. But meanwhile, I’ve been tackling those editing jobs and I’m grateful to Chisto Healy for re-editing old manuscripts that he previously edited for another press before it shut down. (Thanks, Chisto!) Unfortunately, we were not able to release two books this month, as I had hoped to do, but we’ll keep pressing onward and get books back out there!

 

Miraculously, I still managed to get the SPARREW Newsletter out, even though I didn’t get it out on the day I hoped to (9/25). But I STILL got it out while it was September! Yay! That issue faced a few delays, so I was relieved when I finally got it up on the website.

 

I also managed to keep up with everything else: The freelance writing (got my September articles turned in!), author stuff (made more progress with books I am writing – there are several), self-publishing stuff (I got a poetry book back into print!), and the book-reviewing gig.

 

On that note, most of the books I read this month were for book reviews. There’s only one book (#115) that I read for pleasure. I’m disappointed that I didn’t read that many books this month, but I guess September was a busy month even for bibliophiles!

 

This month, I read only 7 books. Didn’t finish reading any, but I hope to soon! I am hoping that I can get more reading done in October.

 

Here are the books I read this month. The number this list starts with picks up from where the last list left off so the number of books I have read so far in 2026 is accurate.

 

110. Beyond Jupiter: Alpha Centauri Mission, Book 1 by C.L. Hamilton

111. The Sentinel's Sight: The Watchwood Chronicles, Book One by M.D. Osborne

112. There's Always a Few Killers Around by Justin A. McWhirter

113. The Kingdom of Hell is Inside You by James Machell

114. Can We Still Love (Without You) by Uvi Poznansky and Zeev Kachel

115. The Starry Eyed Cynic, Poems by Erin Maloney

116. Wake! by N. Rizk, M.D., and Salma HQ


Comments