Reading Progress for December 2023


 

I thought that November was a busy month but the month of December proved to be even busier! It wasn’t just the holiday season that had us busy; I was also doing a lot of writing. I managed to write another ebook this month as well as a children’s book. This was in addition to some articles I wrote, as well.

 

Aside from the writing, I was also busy with driving my oldest to and from work. Both of my kids went on Winter Break this month but my oldest works at the university so he had some remote work for this particular job.

 

My youngest also got their driver’s permit this month. My husband and I have been taking turns monitoring them while they practice driving. My oldest does not drive so my youngest has had the chance to drive him to or from work. It has certainly been a nice break from me driving so much! Plus, my youngest joined the LGBTQ+ group which my oldest attends every week, so with both of them going there, it’s less driving and less rush for one of them. That has also been nice! I gotta say, it has been quite a pleasant experience watching my kids talk, laugh and share stories as I sit in the backseat of the car when my youngest is driving. My oldest has definitely been supportive of his younger sibling driving. I’m so glad and relieved they are close!

 

And while I have been in that backseat of the car, I have been doing a lot of writing and A LOT of reading!

 

That’s how I got most of my reading done this month.

 

I should note: I stopped reading the books in The Guardians of Ga'Hoole series. I was reading Book 12 this month and, after a bit over of 100 pages in, stopped reading it. It just got stupid. I didn't like it anymore so I am no longer reading this series. I am fine with this. I will start reading another series soon!

 

I managed to read 7 books this month. Not bad for a busy month!

 

I am looking forward to begin reading new books in the new year. I will not be logging my reading progress on my blog anymore. It’s been nice, but I’m going to give a reading journal a try. I recently learned about them, so I’m curious to try one out!

 

Here are the books I either read or finished reading this month.

 

104. Chlorophyll: Poems About Michigan’s Upper Peninsula by Raymond Luczak

 

105. The Authors Publish Guide to Manuscript Submission: How to Find a Traditional Publisher for Your Book by Emily Harstone (Note: This is a free ebook available through the Authors Publish site)

 

106. Story Structure: The Key to Successful Fiction: Red Sneaker Writers Books, #1 by William Bernhardt

 

107. Killer Content: How to Use Your Author Newsletter to Convert Readers into True Fans and Sell Your Books by Andrea Pearson

 

108. FINISHED READING: Dracula by Bram Stoker

 

109. FINISHED READING: Hidden Magic, Book One in the Eldritch of Hallows series, by Elana McDougall

 

110. FINISHED READING: Between Ink and Shadows by Melissa Wright

 

111. READ: Mini Horror Fiction Writing Guide: 7 Steps to Writing Horror Fiction for Fun by Randal Schaffer

 

112. READ: Literally Dead: Tales of Halloween Hauntings edited by Gaby Triana

 

113. READ: A Space Traveler’s Guide to the Solar System by Mark Thompson

 

Comments