A Very Merry Christmas

 

My Christmas Eve wasn’t so great yesterday. I mean, yes, some good things happened: I finally got back an interview for the monthly newsletter (thanks, Natasha!), I got to watch Die Hard, the peanut butter blossom cookies I made for the very first time turned out really good and so yummy, and hubby made a nice Christmas Eve dinner, but some bad things happened too. I was missing my parents, I was sick with a queasy stomach for most of the day, I had a headache that lasted for hours that NOTHING helped (not even my prescription headache medicine!) and hubby bit my head off over the kitchen being messy. All of that put me into a DEEP depression and I just locked myself in my room for a while to try to calm down. (I tried to read on my phone but it wasn’t working!)

 

Still, I know the day could have been worse. The holidays are hard for a lot of people. My oldest recently had to talk someone out of trying to commit suicide and a new friend is having her first Christmas without her brother, who she lost a few months ago (he was my friend and neighbor for years).

 

Well, this morning when I woke up early, I sort of dreaded getting out of bed. What if today turned out to be bad? What if I started feeling sick again? Still, I got out of bed to feed the animals all the same – only because I didn’t want the cat to attempt murder if I didn’t feed him. That done, I went back to bed. Everybody was still asleep, anyway.

 

But, actually, today turned out to be a really good day. And, thankfully, NO headaches and no upset stomach! (I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have been drinking A LOT of water today.)

 

This year has been all about trying new things and doing things differently. Well, Christmas ended up being different from all of the other Christmases, too! My youngest was the first one to get up and STAY up this morning and we had TWO Santas this year. Both of the kids wanted to be Santa.

 

I made bacon and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, like I do every Christmas morning. Once the other adults were up, I started up the coffee. (I used the Keurig for my coffee before they woke up.)

 

Because our finances were so tight this year, I could not get the kids very nice presents. Still, they were happy with their personalized mugs. And they were also happy with the gifts they got from each other. My husband was happy with the gift I got him and I was VERY happy with my gifts, which included a lot of chocolate! I didn’t get any books, but I did get money, so I’ll be buying a book or two. I also got candles, a new exercise mat, and a kettle ball.

 

The only one of our pets who got a Christmas present this year was my son’s dog. (We were not able to get the others gift but they got extra treats!) 

 


 

I also spent some time today sending messages to people, wishing them a merry Christmas, and I emailed a Christmas present to a friend. (It’s my new ebook, which I dedicated to him.) Additionally, I did some organizing and cleaning around the house and managing some of my files. I also got a lot of reading done and spent some time relaxing and watching TV with the family. I also got ideas for things to write, which was nice! On top of that, my oldest took one of the Christmas presents we had for a group of friends to them, on his way to a cat-sitting job.

 

We had a very nice and peaceful Christmas Day. I am feeling very blessed. And especially thankful. So glad today was better than yesterday!!

Comments