Reading Progress for April 2022

 

April is one of my favorite months of the year. Why? April is National Poetry Month! I love poetry. Poetry is the first thing that I started writing, all those years ago when a nurse gave me an empty journal and encouraged me to fill it with poetry. The first thing I ever had published was a poem, when I was 11 years old. I created a local poetry club, in which I edited and published a poetry magazine, and I have self-published over a dozen poetry books. I’ve done poetry readings, poetry contests and participated in poetry message boards.

 

For this reason, I made sure I included poetry books among the books I read this month. Two of the poetry books I read are from famous poets, but I definitely looked for poetry books by unknown poets as well. I am glad I was able to include at least one of them! (There would have been two, but I just didn’t like the other poetry book I started reading.)

 

I am also tackling the Classics shelf of one of my many bookcases and I REALLY enjoyed the classic book I read this month! I don’t know why I never read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer until now. I liked it! I am going to see if I can talk my 14-year-old into reading it.

 

Here are books I either read or finished reading in April.

 

29. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

 

30. The Complete Poetry of Edgar Allan Poe with an Introduction by Jay Parini

 

31. Become a Professional Inventor by Stephen Key

 

32. A Year Spent Lost: A Collection of Poetry by Avianna Lamonier

 

33. The Wizard of Menlo Park by Randall Stross

 

34. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

 

35. The Collected Poems of Audre Lorde

Comments