My Fabulous Friday

 

Today was a really good reminder of why I decided NOT to try to follow any kind of schedule on a Friday. Fridays can get a little crazy, and that’s what this particular Friday was. Mondays can be crazy too, but I usually do try to stick to my schedule on Mondays.

 

But Fridays? Nope. Forget it. I gotta leave as much time available to get done what needs to get done on a Friday. I try to finish things on a Friday. Just wrap things up. That will usually take longer than the time set aside for it in a schedule. So I stick to my To Do list and try to get as much done there.

 

And I did get some things done today. I got ideas for poems for the TWO new poetry books I am writing, so I wrote them. (Yes, I am writing two poetry books this month. Along with four nonfiction books.) I now have an idea for the cover for the one poetry book I started writing first this month. Now if only I could figure out a title! I know I could give it one of the titles of the poems but, eh, nothing is grabbing me yet. (How one poetry book I started writing this month turned into two, I will never know. But that will happen sometimes with books I write! A nonfiction book I was writing once was also split into two books.)

 

I also finished reading two books today, which I am happy about. The two books I finished reading are Songwriting: Essential Guide to Lyric Form and Structure: Tools and Techniques for Writing Better Lyrics by Pat Pattison and Rising Storm by Erin Hunter. I selected two books to read next that are in the same category as the two that I finished and I look forward to starting them on Monday. And I managed to read all the books on my To Do list today!

 

Today was really busy, though. I was jumping into my car a lot! I am just grateful I finally found time to write – at a quarter to 8PM! Up until then, I could only jot down my ideas on scraps of paper and tuck them into my pocket before I headed out the door again. I also put together notes on everything to cover in the new poetry book inside of my writing notebook.

 

I also wrapped up another week of study for my online astronomy course. I got a 90 on my quiz today, which is the highest grade I have received so far on the quizzes. Yay! I was really excited about that!

 

My youngest didn’t have school today so he got to see what I’m up to at home while he’s in school. That meant he got to hear interesting pieces of information I came across when I was reading articles online this morning, how exactly I do my online course (I had to let him know when I was taking my quiz because he kept interrupting! Gah!), and pretty much what my routines are when I am not busy running around too much. Thankfully he stayed busy at home today too, so it was a productive day for both of us. We are all ready for our weekend! And hopefully this weekend, I will be able to get some more writing done.

Comments