7 (or 8?) Things to Celebrate From My Day

 

It's the last day of the month! For me, that means wrapping up loose ends and gearing up for what I plan to do next month. No, I don't actually wait until the last day to figure out my goals for the next month – that happens days in advance – but the last day is when I make sure I have all my ducks in a row. I have things sorted, figured out and scheduled.

 

But that's hard to work on when you have ZERO MOTIVATION to do anything at all. Unfortunately, that was me today.

 

I didn't even want to get out of bed.

 

But just as I have on the mornings that my depression is tugging at me and tempts me to bury my head under the pillow for the rest of my life, I decided to take action and fight it. I dragged my ass out of bed!

 

Yes, I got out of bed this morning, when I didn't want to. Yay me! Is that something to celebrate? I think so.

 

I also had to force myself to shower and get dressed. I SHOWERED AND GOT DRESSED! Yes, I did that today.

 

Honestly, the only pleasures I found in the morning was when I was writing and also when I drank my coffee during the sunrise.

 

But for the rest of the day? Blah.

 

It was HARD. I was seriously unmotivated to do anything.

 

I blame Mercury being in retrograde.

 

Anyway, I DID still manage to do some things today. Not everything on my To Do list, but important end-of-the-month stuff and important mom stuff. I took my youngest to school, but I was way too sluggish to take my oldest to work (my husband took him). I still did something for this year's blog project – the  ONE AND ONLY THING for this month because I totally spaced on it for all of September! But I got something done for it. Woot!

 

Oh, and I did create the budget plan for next month, even though I really did not want to because I just wanted to wallow in misery instead. But I did it.

 

And some other things to.

 

I'm usually all about finishing things on a Friday, but since today is the last day of the month and I want to go charging into the new month with new things, I wanted to finish some things today.

 

1. I finished reading an ebook today. And I posted a review for it!! Will wonders ever cease? The ebook is called The Complete 5-Ingredient College Cookbook: Quick, Easy, and Irresistible Recipes for Hungry Students by Kathy Davidson. It had some interesting recipes! 

 

2. I finished reading an AMAZING book today called Stuck: Transforming Everything You Know About Creative Blocks by Beth Ann Erickson. Yes, that one got a review too. Such a good book!

 

3. I didn't have to make dinner tonight. Yes, I spent a lot of time trying to talk myself into making dinner (since of course I wasn't feeling up to it) and was fully prepared to do so, but when I picked my oldest up from work and he wanted to get food to go for dinner, I jumped on that! It was nice to not have to make dinner when I'm already dealing with the blahs and the food was good too.

 

4. I received a lovely email from the principal of the school that my youngest attends, telling me how much she enjoys seeing him and how much he has matured and grown since the last time he was at that school. Well, it has definitely been quite a year and a half! I think everything we have been through since the school closed in March 2020 has had an impact on all of us, mentally and otherwise. I do know he is glad to be back at school, and I'm glad things are much better with him and the staff at the school too.

 

5.  One more thing to celebrate: TOMORROW IS OCTOBER!!!! YAY!!!! October is my favorite month because #1: My kids have their birthdays (yes, both of them were born in October), #2: Fall and #3: Halloween! I LOVE HALLOWEEN! It is my favorite holiday! And because it was the favorite holiday of my late sister-in-law, whose passing I still grieve, Halloween is now even more special to me. I try to rock that Halloween vibe in her memory.  

 

6. I was feeling super-down this evening. I don't want to get into the details about it here. I tend to not post stuff online when I am feeling down. I texted that I needed to talk to someone. Right after I sent that text, I ran into my husband and he asked me, "Are you ok?" I asked him if he had time to talk and he said yes. So I basically just dumped everything on him. He was very understanding, compassionate and nonjudgmental when he responded. Our talk helped me a lot. I am so glad I am able to talk to him about anything and not be judged for it, not be criticized, not be called a drama queen, not told to stop thinking about it and not being accused of wanting attention. I am so thankful I have him in my corner to talk to and I am very happy he was there for me today.

 

7. Today's blog post marks ONE WHOLE MONTH of me posting on this blog! That's right! I posted on this blog every day for one month! Yay! I came close to doing that when I ran a series of blog posts for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in 2009, in honor of my ebook being published, On the Wings of Pink Angels: Triumph, Struggle and Courage Against Breast Cancer. I missed a few days that time. Maybe I will do that again sometime. But, for the Celebrations, I DID achieve my goal to post on my blog every day for September. YAY!!!! Good way to end the month. 😊 

Comments