8 Things to Celebrate From My Day

 



“It’s been a while since I have had a COVID test.”

 

Those were the words I said today after watching a nurse do TWO nasal swabs in one side of my son’s nostril. Yes, he got swabbed TWICE!

 

When did that start happening?? Have they changed the test? Or is this how they do the Rapid Test? I have never had the Rapid Test, so I don’t know.

 

Not that I’m complaining. I’m good! Don’t need another COVID test! I have had 5 since the pandemic started.

 

That’s five episodes of being in isolation. FUNNN.

 

But the good thing about the Rapid Test is that we didn’t have to wait days for results. We got results within the hour. Sure, it was still a long wait, but we got the results that same day!

 

Aside from that, I still managed to get some things done today. I’m so glad I chose to make a crockpot dinner tonight, because I didn’t have time to cook dinner until 6:30PM, and that was when I started making mashed potatoes!

 

Here are eight things to celebrate from my day.

 

1. My youngest got negative results on the COVID-19 test today. Phew! Even so, per 4J guidelines, I have to monitor him for 14 days for any symptoms. We are very relieved he is in the clear!

 

2. I finished writing an article I started on Monday. Yay!

 

3. I tried a recipe that I found on Pinterest for dinner and it was really good. Even my youngest ate it! Here is that recipe.

 

4. I accidentally broke a very unique kind of food container that belongs to my oldest (No! Really! It WAS an accident!) but thankfully I figured out how to fix it. Yay!

 

5. I FINALLY texted someone thanking them for buying new clothes for my youngest. I tried to get a thank you card but I kept spacing on it. Then I kept forgetting to send a text! So this evening, right when I remembered, I texted them and thanked them for their generosity. Yay for getting that done!

 

6. I was late for my online course today BUT I did get to it eventually and was able to do today's work. Yay!

 

7. I found some more tasty-sounding recipes to try in the cookbook I am reading. I can't wait to try them!

 

8. There were mostly clear skies in the early hours of the morning today. Yesterday, it was so gray and cloudy, with no sunshine at all in the morning. But this morning, the sky was mostly clear and there were some beautiful pink clouds visible just before sunrise. I took a pic and shared it on social media. The sunrise was nice too. I was happy to see the sunrise again!

Comments